Skip to main content

This morning's walk

brought about an unusual sight.

A white pickup with a shell pulls up next to a white van rear end to rear end. Then the guy gets out of the truck and puts on something that looks like a disposable hazmat suit. The van is full of crates and he starts loading his truck with the crates. I was afraid to look but Rusty did. He said the crates had dead chickens in them. When the truck was loaded, he took off the suit and drove south. The van drove over to the north bound onramp and was sitting just waiting.

Some things just can't be explained....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First Driving Lesson

Yep, that's me behind the wheel. Rusty and I found this great service road about a mile long next to an organic farm. He had me practice figuring out where my back rear tires were, straight backing up, three point turns, and whipping a u turn. I even parked it in our camping spot! Needless to say I was very nervous to start with but after a while I was feeling pretty good, although it's really hard to figure out where your back right tire is. Of course, driving it down the highway will be totally different! I'm really glad that we got a smaller RV. Some of them are HUGE. I can't imagine driving them down the road... xoxo Julie

Last Day in the Canyon

We took our last walk in the canyon this morning. We'll do the hot springs once more this afternoon and we're thinking about doing the zip line across the Colorado river. Tomorrow we head to Golden, Colorado so that Rusty can take care of some more things with his dad's estate in Denver and we meet up with some friends and family. I can't believe how wonderful it's been here. We've seen the bald eagle again, hawks, beaver, mountain goats and big horn sheep. We've seen bear scat, but this morning we saw a sure sign of bear: While we didn't actually see bear, we did see the big horn sheep we saw the other morning. It's three young males. They seem to be hanging out in this part of the canyon. It's was funny how we saw them the other morning. We were sitting on this rock bench watching the river when we kept hearing rocks move behind us on the cliff. We kept looking behind us and didn't see anything, finally we looked way up the hill (onl...

Too Pooped to be a Tourist...

Well, sorry to disappoint but we didn't do the tourist thing I had planned. We had so much fun with family on Sunday that Monday we just did some stuff around the RV. Here's some pictures of us exploring the Knoxville Botanical Garden and Arboretum : Then back to the "Nun Bun" house in Knoxville, right across from the garden to break in the new smoker. Let's just say the dogs were looking forward to testing the results from the smoker: Sunday was pretty calm. We did hit the grocery store in Sweetwater. On the way home we saw the weirdest bird. There was a whole flock of them. While I didn't get a picture of them, I found one on the web: It's called a Muscovy Duck. It turns out they are not native to the area. In fact, they are considered an exotic that occasionally breeds in Tennessee.  The  Tennessee Watchable Wildlife  website talks about them. They were probably the weirdest bird I've ever seen. So much so that I had Rus...