Skip to main content

Enroute

Pulled over for a dog nap (okay, Whisky's been napping since we left Betabel).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First Driving Lesson

Yep, that's me behind the wheel. Rusty and I found this great service road about a mile long next to an organic farm. He had me practice figuring out where my back rear tires were, straight backing up, three point turns, and whipping a u turn. I even parked it in our camping spot! Needless to say I was very nervous to start with but after a while I was feeling pretty good, although it's really hard to figure out where your back right tire is. Of course, driving it down the highway will be totally different! I'm really glad that we got a smaller RV. Some of them are HUGE. I can't imagine driving them down the road... xoxo Julie

Last Day in the Canyon

We took our last walk in the canyon this morning. We'll do the hot springs once more this afternoon and we're thinking about doing the zip line across the Colorado river. Tomorrow we head to Golden, Colorado so that Rusty can take care of some more things with his dad's estate in Denver and we meet up with some friends and family. I can't believe how wonderful it's been here. We've seen the bald eagle again, hawks, beaver, mountain goats and big horn sheep. We've seen bear scat, but this morning we saw a sure sign of bear: While we didn't actually see bear, we did see the big horn sheep we saw the other morning. It's three young males. They seem to be hanging out in this part of the canyon. It's was funny how we saw them the other morning. We were sitting on this rock bench watching the river when we kept hearing rocks move behind us on the cliff. We kept looking behind us and didn't see anything, finally we looked way up the hill (onl...

The Five Words You've All Been Wondering if I'll Say

It happened the morning we were getting ready to leave Glenwood Canyon.  It had been an emotional week. We were doing all the things we did with my dad. Even Rusty got misty eyed at one of my dad's favorite restaurants. But the thing that I stupidly didn't realize was that we were there on my dad's birthday. He would have been 85. That hit me pretty hard but I guess I didn't realize it until we were getting ready to leave. Don't get me wrong, I love Glenwood Canyon. It's one of the most amazing places and it's no surprise why my dad loved living there. Between all the emotions and the fact that I woke up the morning we were leaving to a tweaked back, I think it was just too much. Rusty had gotten up to prep the sewer and, water and electrical outside and I was working on prepping the inside. Making the bed is a contortionist's nightmare without a tweaked back to say the least but I got it made. Then I start to notice blood on the floor. I figure the dog...